Choosing an accredited school is important to your education. Accreditation signifies that the school has met certain standards of quality in education, so you can feel confident in the value of the education you receive.
Brightwood Career Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award diplomas and associate’s degrees.
ACICS is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. ACICS may be contacted at:
750 First Street NE, Suite 980
Washington, DC 20002-4241
For more information on Brightwood Career Institute’s accrediting agency, please visit the ACICS web site.
- Licensed by:
Pennsylvania State Board of Private Licensed Schools
Pennsylvania Department of Education
333 Market Street
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17126-0333
- There is no programmatic accreditation for the Computer Support Technician, Electrical Technician and Medical Office Assistant programs.
- The Dental Assistant program is not programmatically accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
- Eligible institution under the Federal Stafford Loan Program (FSLP) and Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (FPLUS)
- Eligible institution for Federal Perkins Loan (FPLP), Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), Federal Pell Grant (FPELL), and Federal Work-Study (FWS) programs
- Approved by the National Association for Health Professionals as an official testing site for the national registry exam
- Approved for the training of veterans and eligible persons under the provisions of Title 38, United States Code.
- Authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant, alien students
- Approved by the Pennsylvania Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Pennsylvania Association of Private School Administrators (PAPSA)
- Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities (APSCU)